Avizia is an, early-stage high-tech company in the rapidly growing telehealth space. Our mission is to transform patient care by enabling any provider to communicate with any patient at any place. We are redefining healthcare with the only end-to-end telehealth platform that combines easy-to-use care coordination software with provider and patient mobile applications and the industry’s leading telemedicine video devices. Avizia proudly delivers telehealth solutions to more than 400 hospitals and clinics around the world.
The Human Resources Senior Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function for the company including: full life cycle recruitment, onboarding, benefits management, total compensation package, employee relations and counseling, compliance, office management, performance management, training, and payroll administration. This position will work with the Human Resources Team while providing a high level of customer service to the organization’s approximately 150 employees and strategic advice to the executive management team in setting up the company for success.
Avizia is committed to employee success and offers many benefits such as medical, dental, life, disability, and unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO). We are headquartered in Reston, VA (Washington DC area) and have offices in downtown Seattle. We like to have fun, laugh, and achieve awesome.
This position is located in our Seattle, WA office and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the full life cycle of the talent acquisition process
- Source qualified candidates for positions throughout the company and conduct pre-screen calls with candidates. A successful candidate can represent the values and culture of the company professionally and enthusiastically.
- Drive the interview process including training hiring managers, administering the applicant tracking system, scheduling, and holding debriefs with interviewers and hiring managers
- Administer benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability including open enrollment, life status changes, and other inquiries
- Complete annual ACA reporting, as required
- Partner closely with department managers to educate and assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Administer COBRA benefits and ensure compliance with COBRA guidelines
- Continually analyze compensation and benefits plans and expertly advise management on total compensation package, salary structure, and merit increases
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation
- Partner with management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations; ensuring compliance with those policies and regulations
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Lead various HR project initiatives as assigned
- Oversee Human Resources Team and responsibilities
- Participate on committees and special projects and seeks out additional responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years’ experience in HR
- 2+ years’ experience in people management
- SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
- Excellent customer focus, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to simultaneously focus on details and administration as well as provide high-level strategic planning and advice
The position is located indoors in an office environment in our Seattle, WA office. The incumbent must be able to communicate with other individuals in person, via video, phone, and through email. The incumbent may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and the job requires the incumbent to use reasoning and judgment to address and solve business problems. The incumbent must demonstrate manual dexterity in order to use common office equipment. Applicant may be required to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. This position requires less than 30% travel.